Dating is not an easy game for anyone. The more so when you're a geek or nerd who's not keen on putting themselves in a social setting. After all, going out to a bar or night club is so boring. Who would choose that over re-watching their favorite Dr. Who episode or studying for the upcoming Quantum Mechanics test? Of course, if you're a convention-goer, you have every opportunity to meet your soulmate at a place where dozens of fandoms converge, bringing together thousands of fans. But it still isn't the easiest task, especially if you're shy and introverted.
In that case, it's unreasonable to refuse a bit of assistance in meeting your soulmate. You deserve a person who will match your nerdy awesomeness, and online dating websites will come to your aid in finding such a match. After all, nerds are known for being exceptionally tech-savvy, so why don't you use your tech literacy to your advantage in the dating department.
Why A Geek Is Great Relationship Material
- Solid commitment. Geeks are known for their obsession with their subject of interest. They demonstrate an extraordinary level of loyalty – be it a hobby or a relationship.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. A geek is thrilled about new challenges and will spend hours meticulously searching for ways to overcome them.
- Perfectionism. Geeks do a thorough research of any subject before bringing it up, which means any potential arguments you have as a couple will likely end before they're even initiated.
- Appreciation and gratuity. Almost every nerdy dater had a period in their life when they felt ostracized by society. Your geek partner won't be taking you for granted and will value and appreciate you as a romantic partner.
- Sweet and sensitive in nature. A geek knows what's it's like when you have a hard and tiring day. They're more sensitive than the average person and likely to do sweet little things to brighten your day.
- Keen on learning new things. What sets nerds apart from all other folks is their unstoppable curiosity and inquisitive mind. You'll never fall into a rut, as your partner will seek out new and exciting things and experiences, gladly sharing them with you.
- Intelligent and knowledgeable. This point goes without saying. Nerds devote a lot of time to learning new things and exploring new subjects, which makes them knowledgeable and worldly. A geek partner will help you open your mind to many new things.
How To Meet Nerd Singles?
- Go to a nerd gathering. Various conventions and cosplay festivals are an excellent place to meet new people with geeky and nerdy interests. At such events, everyone shows their nerdiness in an unrestrained manner. Besides, conventions often host speed dating sessions to help their visitors meet new people.
- Show off your inner nerd. Get some accessories or T-shirts to show off the fandom of which you are a part. You're likely to get approached by folks who share your passion – both at conventions and in more casual settings. Do your best to look attractive and approachable. You'll be surprised at how many people will start conversations about whatever franchise you're promoting with your look.
- Talk about your passion. Don't be shy to tell people about your interests. You never know who's crazy about the same things and will happily chime in.
- Try online dating. There's a broad range of websites and applications that narrow down the dating pool in such a way as to give you what you want. Many of the industry leaders are nerd-friendly, but it's advisable to start with the specialized dating portals that cater exclusively to nerds, as well as those interested in finding a geeky single.